Friday, April 30, 2004


Amendment to Argh!

Upon closer inspection, the puddle of liquid upon the table was in fact just water. I found the empty drink bottle under the table also.

Slice and Dice

My sliced finger has stopped bleeding but it still looks like it needs stitches. The pain has basically gone though except when I bump it. I have since rewrapped it (more out of curiosity to see how it was going rather then bandages being soaked) and now find typing difficult with two hands. Just as well I am used to one handed typing.

3 hrs until hubby's plane lands, that means I will have to get up off my arse (only been sitting here 2 minutes) and prep dinner for the kiddies, feed them and myself, dress them and pile into the car. It is nights like this I like take away and am thinking hot chips from the nearby shop for dinner, or perhaps some fried rice....mmmmm yum.

Kitchen Don'ts

One thing you shouldn't do when using knives. That would be to cut towards yourself.

I am guilty of doing this today and therefore sliced my finger. I am hoping the bleeding will su.................


While writing this blog, my ears were greeted by the sound of 'smash' followed by 'hehehehehehehehe'

You would think that a plate sitting about 4 inches from the edge of the table would be safe, but no....

I arrived to spy the toddler laughing like she was having a good time, peeing in the middle of the now cleared table.

The food was spread across the floor and I was instantly glad I had not cleaned the floor before lunch.

The toddler was dealt with swiftly and sent to the laundry to contemplate her wrong doings. I stood upon a broken piece of bowl, no blood fortunately, and discovered she had left the laundry. She was again dealt with swiftly and returned, which now she stayed in until I asked her to come to me. I had at this stage rescued my feet from further pricks with a pair of shoes, swept up majority of the mess, contemplated washing the curtains and wondering where the rest of the bowl is. I haven't finished with the clean up mainly because I had to interrupt a feed to do so, so now I finish my feed and have blocked off that area with chairs, instructing the kids to not go in there.

Only 7 more hours until hubby arrives home, well until he is off the plane and out of the terminal.... I hope, really hope, that I will get some respite before he packs up for the 12 hr LAN tomorrow.

Today's To Do List

Tidy J&E's room - yeah right..It is being aired but cleaned..well we shall see
Ensuite - when I have 5 minutes spare, there are afterall 6 hours before I head out
Floors - Well they definitely need doing now
Laundry - have taken half the clothes off, will see what happens. I think I need to buy more pegs.
Gaze at my smiling laughing baby - yep, for sure. That is more important then housework
M's schoolwork - done quickly and completed in a couple of hours. We do need to pick up the pace (level of work done) next week though.
Walls - all cleaned.

Time to put bubs down and run around with the vacuum.


How to tell if an egg is bad

When in the shell, you can test an egg for age by letting it float in water. How you do this is cover an egg, in a bowl, with water and see if it floats. The higher it floats in water the older it is.

Why does this happen?

It happens because an eggs shell is porous and it looses moisture the older it gets. Also, it starts to form gases from the egg which is breaking down and these two factors lighten the egg, thus allowing it to float.

I know that some egg farmers used to (don't quote me on this) put a thin waxy coating over the egg to reduce moisture loss and to help give it a more attractive gleam to the shell.

To tell how old an egg is when it is cracked, you look at the white (of course if it smells like 'rotten eggs' it is definitely off). The white should be firm and clear. The older the egg the runnier the white. This is due to protein breakdown in the white.

If anyone knows any other ways to tell if an egg is bad, or if I have even got some of these facts wrong, then please comment.

Wednesday, April 28, 2004


Cooking Tips #1

Tip 1
Place grease proof paper over the fine grater, when grating citrus for their zest (outer skin). It make it easier to collect the zest for a recipe.

Tip 2
Always remove zest before juicing a citrus fruit

Tip 3
Crack eggs into a separate cup before adding them to the recipe. This is to ensure they are not too old, contain spots or to catch any shell before it makes a recipe crunchier then normal.

Tip 4
Use self raising flour instead of plain flour, when deep frying, as it will produce a crispier crust.

Highly possible Coconut Pie

4 eggs
1 cup of sugar (castor sugar preferably)
5 tbsp of soft butter
1 cup dessicated coconut
Grated rind of 1 lemon, 1 lime, 1 orange
Juice of 1 lemon, 1 lime, 1 orange
1 cup of coconut milk
1/2 cup of plain flour (this can be substituted for self raising flour if you want a lighter pie)

1. Mix all ingredients in a blender until well combined
2. Pour into a greased 11inch/28cm pie/cake tin and bake for 1 hour in a moderate preheated oven (180 Celsius) or until lightly browned.
3. Cool and refrigerate minimum 1 hour before serving

Tuesday, April 27, 2004


Out of every bad thing comes something good.

It is just hard to see at times.

My day of those days. Here is my very account of the day past.

BAD - it is 3am and bubs is awake
GOOD - She only keeps me up for 20 minutes and I get that special time with her.

BAD - It is 4.20am and I wish for more sleep but I need to pile the kids in the car and take hubby to the airport. Hubby goes away for 4 days.
GOOD - It was a safe journey and the kids slept most of the time and I actually felt awake enoughto drive safely.

BAD - It is too early to really do anything and the older two wont go to bed to get some more rest.
GOOD - Bubs, E and I went back to bed for a 1hr 30 min nap

BAD - We finally get going and leave the house half hour behind schedule. Stalled the car at an easy corner.
GOOD - It was a safe trip and the girls didn't miss anything in their childcare program.

BAD - Spent $5 on a loosing scratch-it.
GOOD - Priced some leather boots for M's riding. Looked through and could have spent hours looking through, a pet shop.

Lunch time
BAD - spent money on a lunch I regretted afterwards, it was too greasy.
GOOD - I didn't have to prepare lunch

After lunch
BAD - Tried to have a rest but it got constantly interrupted by phonecalls, faxes and waking baby
GOOD - I did get some rest and managed to read some of my book.

Mid Afternoon
BAD - Found price of laminating to be way more expensive then I hoped for.
GOOD - Made a contact regarding jewellery and got an artistic idea regarding mothers day present.

Mid Afternoon
BAD - Was later then I planned in picking up the kids
GOOD - Kids didn't miss me and were quite happy playing.

Early evening
BAD - Was late leaving home for girls brigade
GOOD - Arrived right on the starting time and didn't miss any.

BAD - J locked the running car with only the bubs in it while I was out paying fees. J got her knee stuck inbetween tree branches.
GOOD - Car was swiftly unlocked by a locksmith which goes to our church. Bubs slept through it all. It didn't cost me a cent either. Got J out with no damage.

BAD - Kids fought on the way home or played very noisily.
GOOD - Kids went to bed really easily

Now all this is written, I myself will head off to see if bubs will go to sleep.

Monday, April 26, 2004


Mary Cairncross Park

We had a blast yesterday with a small family outing to a park which is about an hour's drive north of where we live. We met up there with my aunty and uncle and their 4 kids (who happen to be similar ages to my kids), and my mum and sister.
We had a late lunch followed by a rainforest walk. After that it was time to enjoy the hillside scenery and icecreams (for the kids). There were a few artists on the side of the road just expressing the beauty they saw onto canvas'.

Pictures to come.

Miscellaneous Note

Bubs slept two nights of 11 hrs each night but last night she woke up at about 1.30am then 6am. Fingers crossed that she will do a good stint tonight as we have to get up before sunrise tomorrow to take hubby to the plane.

Friday, April 23, 2004



I thought this was worth mentioning.
Bubs slept 9 hrs straight last night.
I got a full nights sleep for the first time in a long time......

Wednesday, April 21, 2004



M didn't want to sleep in her bed last night, either that or she was excited bout daddy coming home today. At 9.30pm I made her turn out her light but 2 minutes later she came into my room saying she couldn't sleep. Needless to say, she did go to sleep as soon as she turned off her reading light and lay down with her eyes closed.

When I was up at 3am feeding bubs, she woke up and wandered out to where I was saying that she couldn't sleep and hadn't been to sleep. When I told her what time it was and that she had actually been asleep as I had been back to check on her, she looked at me blankly for a moment before realization dawned. Must be the early morning. Then she headed back to bed and slept till early morning when she joined me in bed to sleep another hour.

Tuesday, April 20, 2004



Crayon on a car's exterior means no easy cleaning job. I headed to a local clean it yourself place and tried to scrub it off with their foaming brushes, then i tried to blast it off with their hot did not work. Then I took a cloth and scrubbed, hard and long, until it came off. On the good side of this cleaning, at least half of the van got cleaned.

We did how ever, come home to clean the other half, save spending more money at the do-it-yourself place.

A new rule will be put into play in this house.

No Crayons To Leave The House Unless Supervised!

Monday, April 19, 2004


Week 14 - Spirituality

This has come with perfect timing with the events of the past week.
You see my husband's Grandma passed away last Tuesday. She was a lovely lady, very spiritual. Her belief has brought happiness to those who knew her as we now know she is in a better place with non of her ailments any longer. All I have to share for this blogger idol edition is a picture.

Sunday, April 18, 2004


Pan Roasted Potato

4 large potatoes
1 medium sweet potato
oil - I used a mix of olive and canola oil
fresh rosemary

1. Peel potatoes and sweet potatoes, then cut into cubes about 2cm X 2cm.
2. Par-boil until potato is cooked through but still firm enough to retain it's shape. Strain and allow to dry.
3.Cover the base of a fry pan with oil and heat. Add potato to hot oil, sprinkle over a pinch of salt and rosemary leaves
Note: It is important to separate the leaves from the stalk as the leaves go crunchy and are quite tasty eaten with the potatoes.
4. Fry potatoes in oil until a golden crust starts to appear. Turn constantly. Time of cooking depends on the individual and how crunchy you like your potatoes.
5. Drain on paper towel and serve with your meal.
Feeds 2-4 people

Saturday, April 17, 2004


Miscellaneous Note

The snake we had at our place, a couple of weeks back, I have since found out what type it is. It is a Brisbane Carpet Python


On saturday the girls couldn't resist patting the snake which was on display at the local shopping centre. They had an interesting range of Australian reptiles and mammels. I thought this was a good opportunity to get a good photo of the girls. I now realise that bubs and I should have joined in also so we could have a family shot (though would be minus hubby). J wouldn't touch the snake or get too close, she was afraid of it but in the end she decided to join them on the platform and sit next to them. E was straight in there copying her big sister, M.

They are holding a black headed python, non-venemous.

Banana Cake

1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
4 ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp bi-carb
6 tbsp softened butter
2 eggs

1. Pre-heat oven to a moderate heat (or 180 Celsius)
2. Cream butter and sugar
3. Add eggs, mixing well after each addition
4. Add vanilla and banana, mix well
5. Combine milk and bi-carb
6. Fold through flour and milk in batches, until all is combined
7. Cook in a 20cm/8inch round greased tin, for 1 hr or until skewer comes out clean.

Note : This cake may be frozen to be consumed at a later date. Bananas can be frozen, though skin will turn black but the fruit itself is still edible or able to be used in cooking at a later date.

Wednesday, April 14, 2004


I Remember

I would like to write, over a few weeks, some memories from my past, so that they are remembered ad not forgotten. It will also reveal a little bit about who I was. It is good to remember and I only hope that these memories can be passed down.
Which set of memories I start with I do not yet know, but since I have limited time today I may just start with a short one.

I Remember - Athletics

During primary school (ages 6-12) I was always good at running. I do not have too many ribbons as I was not 'excellent' but good. I remember making it to the finals often and even enjoying the running even though it was hard work. I was good over short distances, that being 100 metres, 200 metres and relay.

I competed twice at the interschool races though only came home with one ribbon, I think. I cannot find that ribbon anymore so I do not know if it happened or not.

It was exciting competing.

When I had been picked for the school team, we were allowed out of class early (before lunch times) to practice. There was myself and two other boys from my class who would train during these times. Training would consist of warming stretches and trying to beat our times. Training could have been better put to use with trying to improve our running techniques and enhancing our starts. I was not so good at starts nor really taught how to be mentally prepared for running as I only did it for a short part of the year at school. I was not really concerned about this though as I was still young and just enjoying it, not really taking it seriously.

Running lost interest with me until I started martial arts (that is another story for another time) and tried my luck at loosing an interschool voluntary participation cross country run. I did this with a small group of sporty friends and we made it so that we ran together and came last.

Ribbons read - 1988 12yr girls Circular Relay, 1988 12yr girls 200m, 1988 12yr girls 100m, 1987 girls 11yr High Jump
I can't remember what the other two ribbons are for as I said earlier I cannot find my interschool ribbon. Maybe the two white ribbons were for highschool but I do not remember running then, maybe they were for primary school but I do not think they were for that. They definitely weren't for swimming as I was never good enough swimmer to get put into any serious races. Oh well, the mystery remains with memories lost because they weren't recorded early enough.

Sunday, April 11, 2004


Apple Pie

8 granny smith apples
1/2 cup white/caster sugar
enough water to cover apples for boiling
4 cloves
2 tbsp cornflour
1 cup Self Raising flour
1 cup plain flour
6 tbsp butter
1 egg
60ml milk (approx 2 oz I think)

1. Peel, core and slice apples. Place in a saucepan and cover with water, adding sugar and bringing to the boil.
2. Once boiled and apple is soft, strain the apples, retaining the liquid. Put cooked apples aside.
3. Take up to 2 cups of reserved liquid and place in a saucepan with cornflour. Mix thoroughly before placing back on the heat. Cook until desired consistency is achieved. Consistency should coat the back of a spoon, similar to custard.
Note: If you whisk continuously throughout the thickening stage you shouldn't get any lumps in the liquid.
4. Add apples back to cooked liquid and stir through. Leave to cool.
5. Sift, or just place in a bowl, the SR and plain flour. Rub through butter with fingertips until resembles fine bread crumbs.
6. Mix egg and milk together, adding most of the liquid to the flour. Mix with a knife/fork until a stiff dough is made. Add some more egg milk mix if required.
7. Turn onto a floured bench top and kneed until smooth.
8. Roll out with a rolling pin or fat piece of dowl until desired thickness. I used my pastry at about 3-4mm thick.
Note: Always lightly rub flour onto rolling pin so that the pastry won't stick.
9. Carefully pick up the pastry by rolling it onto the rolling pin and gently roll, with the aid of fingers into the greased pie dish. I used a loaf dish to make for easy serving.
10. Once it is settled into the dish, put in cooled apple mush and cut off excess pastry, leaving a lip so that the lid might be joined.
11. Reroll cut off pastry for the lid, carefully placing it on top. Brush with remaining egg milk mix. Prick with a fork and sprinkle with sugar. You can press the fork around the edges to secure the top.
12. Bake in a moderate oven until golden or roughly 20 minutes.

Serve with cream, ice cream or plain. Can be eaten hot or cold.


4 Days!

I can't believe it has been so long since I last wrote in here. I haven't even managed to read through the Blogger Idol list this past week. I am skipping this coming week only because I can't think of anything to write. I may still write something up when things have settled a little.

Since Wednesday we have potted up some herbs (rosemary, tarragon, thyme, parsley & greek basil), 2 gardenias (kids call them lolly roses due to the sweet scent), and 4 strawberry plants in hanging baskets.

I have gifted the herbs to my eldest daughter, so that she may sell them to us and earn some income. The two gardenias have been adopted by the 5 yr old and 2 yr old. I have firmly stated that the strawberry plants are mine (plus they are in a place that is inaccessible to the children without permission).

I wouldn't mind adding to the potted herbs that we have, or even the strawberries or gardenias but I will control myself and leave it at what I have for the time being. It is the perfect time to be planting as the heat of summer is over and our winters are relatively mild and it gives the plants an opportunity to become established before the heat of summer.

What else have I been up to?


Friday we headed off on an excursion. You can read, well look at the pictures, on this website.

I also had my hair cut, loosing about 25 cm or 10 inches, and then having my husband colour it. The colour didn't take that much but it is faintly red/auburn colour. He enjoyed the colouring so much that he proceeded to add some to the childrens hair, well those that were willing at least.

Saturday was a quiet one as hubby took the computers to a LAN that went from midday to midnight. This is the time it is supposed to go but I ended up ringing him up at 1.30am to find out where he was. He got home at 3am.

This kids and I blew eggs we had coloured the previous day, and oiled them for a nice appearance. We also made apple pie in the loaf tin (to make it easier to cut). I will post the recipe on this one later and maybe take photos of a slice.

Today, being Sunday, we did our normal plus headed to a park at the nearby dam for lunch with my mum and sister.
It was good at the park, relaxing with a fresh breeze blowing. We feasted on mini quiches, salad, ham, chicken, crackers, cheese biscuits, salmon cream cheese dip, fresh fruit, apple juice and apple pie. There was more food then we could consume. The kids played happily and even met up with some friends from Sunday school. The 5 yr old even got a kiss from one of the boys. She was quite excited about this. After a bustled departure (to the car at least and then waiting for hubby to finish talking to mum) we headed home and caught up with things, ate chocolate and did emails while reading a few blogs and relaxing.

Phew! I am exhausted and ready for bed now. It is too early though and I will wait until it is bed time for the munchkins.

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

This is my new blogchalk:
Australia, Queensland, Brisbane, English, Female, 26-30. :)

Look Ma, We Had A Visitor!

We had a visit yesterday from a non too happy python. It measured about 1 metre (3feet I think) I didn't see it until I almost stepped over it coming back into the house. I would have stepped over it to go outside in the first place but never noticed. It was curled up behind the screen door when I found it and the kids had been playing near it without noticing either.
I shoved it on it's way with a paint roller extension handle and then captured it on digital camera.
Well here is the little cold blooded reptile.

Monday, April 05, 2004


Birds Of A Feather Flock Together

My initial thoughts for this week's topic was, "Where do I have a photo/drawing of birds?" What if I dressed the kids up as birds and took a photo of them?" "I think I have to write something this time."

I think Darren Rowse, of Living Room fame has set a difficult topic for this week. Though some of the credit should go to Lori at Downtown Chick Chat for her suggestion of the topic.

Here we go, brain do your work!


A little yellow bird flies through the open blue sky, enjoying the warm rays upon it's feathers. It sings a melodious song, expressing it's joy to the world.

Looking along the path it is headed, it smiles to the powerline to which it heads. Suddenly the sky above darkens, the little bird thinking to itself, "Is it going to rain? I saw no clouds."
Head turning upwards towards the darkened sky it sees to it's horror, a moving yellow mass of birds, fluttering madly towards it.
The little yellow bird fails to remember the powerline for which it was headed, flying straight into it. It's tiny body turning somersaults over the powerline before landing with a plop to the bush below.
Stunned, it blinks, regaining itself before realizing what the yellow mass meant.
Birds of a feather flock together!

Sunday, April 04, 2004


Balloons & Cake

This was a simple picture but I just love it.

The 'unbreakable' pinata.

The cake.

Saturday, April 03, 2004


Party Time!

What a day we had. I am exhausted from being on my feet most of the day. I wish the kids were tired now as well.
The party was a success and J (the 5 yr old) had 4 of her friends turn up to her party. 2 from pre-school and 2 old friends (well as old as you can get for 5 year olds).

The day started off well, all of the guests arriving on time and eager to get involved, except for one little girl. She was a little shy and wanted her daddy to stay but he had things to do. I honestly think she got a little over crowded by the amount of people which flooded to the door upon her arrival. She did brighten up when everyone left her to it and I offered to show her what we were planning on playing.

J was super excited with the party and wasn't at all concerned over the fact that hardly anyone turned up to it. As far as she was concerned it was the best day she had had for a long time.

We started off the event with playing with balloons and chasing each other, swinging and present opening. Then it moved smoothly onto colouring in of fish which were soon gobbled up by the shark in a game of 'Feed The Shark' (similar to pin the tail on the donkey).

All through this event hubby was a great help as bubs was needing a feed during this time.

After this it was onto the treasure hunt (searching for gold chocolate coins) and shell necklace making. Oh and not to forget the kids running around with their noise makers, deafening the parents and anyone who was in earshot. It was hard to get them to calm down enough to encourage them to have a go at the pinata.

The pinata was funny. It looked good and the kids were taking good shots at it but it just would not break. The string did however but the pinata still would not break. The last time I made one it shattered easily. Eventually hubby turned it upside down and allowed the prizes to come tumbling out to the ground and be gathered up by the kids. Then he gave the empty pinata to the two boys and we (parents) watched in amusement as they tried to break it. It would not break, it would bend but not break. In the end we just tossed out the flattened pinata.

With party games out of the way it was onto food as the expected finishing time was close at hand, so we dished out the food. It was a mixture of - octopus cherrios/hotdogs, marshmallow turtles, gummy snakes, gummy sharks, choc mint balls and lemonade. I forgot to bring out the chips but I do not think they were needed.

After they all had their fill (the hotdogs going quickly) it was cake time. They all enjoyed the eye candy of the cake and most of them even had some to eat, a few even tried the icing creatures atop the cake.

After this it was a romp around the garden and a play with the new toys while they waited to go home.

Overall it was a good day, full of fun, excitement and lollies.

Friday, April 02, 2004


Family Update

It has been a while since I mentioned too much about my dear family.
I guess I have been caught up in other aspects of my life that has kept me distracted from recording their precious moments.
I have been busy most of this past week but feel that I haven't much to show for it. I know it is the munchkins that keep me at bay from doing properly what I set out to do.
Here they are, the four munchkins plus King Munchkin (don't think that is an appropriate title for him).

Munchkin #1 (bubs)
She is almost 8 weeks old and going strong. She was weighed at 7 weeks and 3 days and had put on a whopping 750grams since her last weigh in 3 weeks ago. Gaining an average of 250grams per week. She is now 9 lb 10 ounces (4366 grams). She smiles at us, obviously enjoying the extra attention she receives from her bigger sisters. She got heaps heaps of cuddles from her two eldest sisters during story time tonight.

Munchkin #2(2 yr old)
She is going through her terrible twos still, though I do not think it is that terrible, more of a communication and clothes problem. She interrupted a video conversation of her dad's today, she was starkers (which is normal for her) and climbed up into his lap. It was funny and fortunately the participant in the conversation understood since he has his own undressing near 2 yr old child.
She has also moved up in rooms at childcare. She was in the sprouts room (16mths - 2.5yrs) to the blossoms room. She seems to have adjusted well to the change.
At the moment she has just toddled off to her room to see if a glow stick, which she found, still works. Hopefully she will go to sleep while in there.

Munchkin #3(5 yr old)
She is excitable today, well this past week. Her long awaited birthday party is finally arriving, tomorrow. She gets to celebrate her party 3 months past the actual date of her birthday. She has a few friends coming to her party and possibly her babysitter also.
She has also had a blast playing with playdoh all week, which we received in a stationary order early this week. She is a very active little girl, needing something to stimulate her mind almost all the time. I think she took so well to the playdoh as they play with that often at pre school along with clay and it allows her to express her creative side. She has made jewellery, dinosaur eggs, turkey (which she carved with a plastic knife), aliens, and many other things.
She has also been improving her bike riding skills since she decided to take off the training wheels not too long ago. She picked it up real easily, as she is the sporty, co-ordinated sort.

Munchkin #4 (7 yr old)
Do I really have this many kids and I am only 27!
The 7 yr old has been doing well at school though she has been taking her time and making it drag out way too long. Today wasn't too bad and she concentrated pretty well, getting through all the set work in 5 hours (not including breaks). Her goal is to have all of her school work finished before Easter so that she can enjoy her holidays or even start them early.
She has really taken to cooking and takes every opportunity (if she realizes one is present) to help me in the kitchen. She even has a desire to run a small cafe to raise funds. Not sure what she wants the money for yet though. She also wants to grow and sell vegetables to raise money for spending purposes. I think we will put in a herb garden and strawberry plants, in pots and she can sell to us, provided she does the work for it.
I want to get 6-10 strawberry plants in the next 2 weeks and some hanging baskets so she can get started.

King Munchkin (Hubby)
Where to start......
He has been under a lot of stress with work commitments lately and now that things are starting to fare better he has visibly relaxed. He is a lot happier and easier to get along with. He overfilled his plate and now it has stopped overflowing and doesn't seem to be filling up any faster then it is emptying.
I do not really know what to say in here except that I am glad I have him and that he does make time for the family amid his busy schedule. He has been able to see his kids grow up more now then he used to, when he worked away from home. Soon though he will be starting some work that will keep him away from home for 4 days of the week. I know we will survive and that weekends will become extra special times with which we see each other, as a family.
I think that is enough said as I do need to go ice a birthday cake now, and decorate it with jelly fish, dolphins etc.

Party time begins soon!

My Top 5 For

1. Bridgier
2.Random Ramblings of Ryan
4.Ian's Messy Desk
5.Codswallop & Flapdoodle (an all time favourite)
and I can't forget

Thursday, April 01, 2004


I thought I would give this a shot and see what happened.

Hoorah to the newbie!

Why, Oh Why, Did You Enter This Pageant?

With mic before her, she listens as her question is read out. There is stunned silence from the crowd as they await to hear her answer.
She giggles girlishly and taps on the mic, which astounds the crowd.
"Why did I enta this pageant?"
"Well I will tell you why." (lots of giggles)
"I entaed this pageant because I like the pwetty wed wibbon and how it feels wapped about me"
The crowd just looked at her, not so much in shock but in surprise more then anything.
You see, she is just a torso, painted in blue and wrapped in a pretty ribbon.