Saturday, June 26, 2004


Important Reading For New Parents

Some say the Babywise book by Ezzo is good, others say it is not. I don't like the book myself.

Challies Dot Com on babywise.


Kids + Shopping = ???

I thought I would post my replies here instead of doing them individually, for the comments I received from my "Mental Notes" blog. I have never received so many comments on one post before.
I guess that yesterdays shopping trip was more stressful then the others as we were in/close to 'arsenic hour' (Angie's term). This time of day is worse then normal if Erin has not rested. Erin is a strong willed 2 year old (almost 3) and at this certain time of day she gets hyperactive but that only lasts for a short time and most often can be distracted with suitable activities. When we go shopping at this time of day with her, she doesn't want to sit still and the trolleys contain flimsy definitely not child proof seatbelts.
We also go shopping in a shopping centre instead of one shop.
The girls are pretty well behaved and I am thankful that Miranda (now 8) will push the pram when needed. She does a good job of that and hardly ever runs up the backs of my legs when I stop suddenly in front of her. The girls don't tend to pull things off shelves and if told, they will put them back.
When I arrived at the centre yesterday I witnessed a mother yelling at her 6 year old as he wouldn't cross the carpark to go to her. She started threatening him with her leaving and that she wouldn't go back to get him. I would never do something like that with my kids, they know I wouldn't leave without them. In the past I have had the 2 year old run behind a reversing car so I am adamant that they must practice proper road rules regardless of how quiet the carpark is. They are good at that now and pretty much walk with me or I let them run ahead if we are on a path.
Also, during our shopping trip yesterday, I was quite confident in allowing the two elder (5 and 8) to go to the toilets which are in the middle of the centre. They know not to talk to anyone and go straight there and back, always going back to where they left me. They are responsible and I do not know why I get so worn out at times, maybe it is because they get excited by looking at the party goodies or lollies (which are placed along the back wall which you have to pass by when you go up and down the aisles)
I am sure they build supermarkets so that parents will give into their kids' constant asking (there are toys along the various different aisles and lollies at the counters etc)
The girls are reasonably polite as we insist, even at home, that they say please and thankyou. They know they won't get things unless they say those magic words.
My hubby thinks I have something wrong with me just because my energy levels aren't good, and maybe that is why I flopped at the end of the day.

Thanks Phillip, Angie, Alice and Cathy. Oh and of course Tim. None of your comments angered or upset me. It was good to hear from each one.


Quote heard from Miranda "Why do I have to do everything on my birthday?"
This was heard after her sister wouldn't go to her when called and when we asked her to put on buzz lightyear. Incidentally, she also knows most of the beginning scenes words off by heart we have seen it that much.
On a side note, Miranda turns 8 today, at 8.59am (I think the time is correct, I was too exhausted to care 8 years ago)

Friday, June 25, 2004


Mental Notes

Firstly, hats off to anyone who has more kids then hands and then takes them all shopping with no help.
After today's shopping trip I have decided that I shall not go shopping on my own with 4 kids. I bought things I wouldn't have bought, I did what I said I wasn't going to do and flopped when I got home.
At one stage I only had two kids, though one was in the pram, being pulled along while I had the wonkiest trolley ever. I carried Erin under my arm at one stage, left a full trolley and 3 kids to chase after her as she disappeared out of the shop, almost gave up and yelled at her (the thing I didn't want to do) when we got to the car. I yelled because she took off across the car park.
In this here blog, I try to recall the positive, fun and amusing things, so that way I can look back and remember all the good times. I write this entry today as a mental note.... Do not go shopping alone with 4 kids in tow
I will most likely do it again as my hubby says I am a sucker for punishment.
Though I am not that much of a sucker and have cheated tonight by ordering out.
Time to go pick up, eat, then pick up the hubby and finally, sleep.

I Remember When - I Used To Do Martial Arts

I started this when I was 14, for the main reason that it sounded fun and I had a friend doing it. The only problem with starting it was that I had to go alone as no one else in my family was interested in going along. Since I was a shy kid, this was a big step.
My friend, who went to a different dojo, had quit early on but, fortunately, this did not deter me.
It took me 3 years in total, and 2-3 days per week of training to reach brown belt. I advanced quickly up through the ranks and towards the end I ended up helping teach in a self defense class run by my sensei.
I failed my brown belt grading once. I never even got the finish it. I helped an advanced level reach their next belt by being their sparring partner in a weapons spar. (I fight with a long bow/staff). I even entered competitions and came out with trophies.
I placed 2nd in a girls and boys green belt spar, and 2nd in a kata (combination of moves). I really enjoy the thought that in the sparring, there was only one other girl and I do not think I even fought her. One other sparring competition I was disqualified for a head kick and actually hurting the male opposition (not in the groin but top of the thigh, inside the leg). I even had the whole crowd cheering for me.
I remember being so sore from leg squats that the next day I had to walk funny.
I was also kicked up near the eye once (my fault as I didn't block) and the toenail that kicked me caused blood to gush down my face and gave me a huge black eye (and I had to go to school the next day with a note for the teacher as to why I couldn't go snorkeling).
My shoulder was also dislocated once but popped straight back in place. Everyone through my arm was broken as they heard a loud crack, though I never felt any pain that I should have.
Also when I had to run 5kms up and down hilly and busy roads, in order that I may get my brown belt. I had to do this in under 30 minutes. I am not a long distance runner but a short distance sprinter. I am not sure how many times I actually did this run, too many to count.
In those days I was more muscle then fat and quite a few sizes smaller. I was as strong and fast as some of my boyfriends (faster and stronger then one) and I had abs, or a 6 pack. I also used to get chased by mosquitoes, walk home in the dark and watch a lot of Van Damme movies.
These were fun times and I hope I can get back into martial arts again someday.

Thursday, June 24, 2004


Strawberry Milkshake

1 tbsp sugar

Add quantities according to taste, blend and drink.

Healthy Stuff

I made this for dinner tonight and it was yummy, so I thought I would share it here.

1 carrot, peeled and juillened
1/2 zucchini sliced
1 cob of corn, kernels cut from the cob
1 small bok choy
1/3 cup rice
small handful of bean sprouts
small amount of broccoli
plum sauce

Put rice in a pot with sufficient water. Bring to the boil
When boiling, add the carrot and corn. Reduce to a gentle boil/simmer.
When rice is mostly cooked, add zucchini and broccoli.
Once rice is cooked, drain water and put back into pot, adding bok choy and sprouts. Cover and let sit for a couple of minutes.
Plate up and add plum sauce according to taste.


Park It!

We went to the park again today. I am thinking of making it a Thursday arvo ritual.
Before we went to the park though, I decided it was time for Miranda to have a trim, and she readily agreed.

The fringe is a bit wonky but that could be because her idea of brushing is pushing her hair back from her face.

Merc decided to join us at the park after a little nap in the car. Her sleepless nights have also been related to the cold she has at current. I have taken to sleeping her on her side, propped up with a pillow, and a little vapour rub near her.

It was too sunny a day for Jade. I hope the hat came home with us.

Erin on her way to get a drink or was that to wet her pants?

Miranda was there also but I didn't get any clear shots of her. All of these pics were taken through the windscreen of the car (which I cleaned just yesterday).


Wednesday, June 23, 2004


Next week is the season finale of Alias.
This week they left it at the cliff hanger of
- wondering if Sloane was a good guy or a bad guy, whose side he was on, if he was actually working for someone or for himself, and why would he be doing that to his long lost daughter (what it will reveal)
- wondering if Vaughan's wife was really a traitor from the beginning or did she actually marry him for love? (most likely a traitor who was a good liar)
- will Sydney now pick up where she left off? Soothing Vaughan's aching and betrayed heart.
- Why did they hook up a heart monitor to Vaughan when they were planning on killing him and left him for dead?

The teaser for next week (the finale) revealed some things but not enough to give away the story.
- What secret has Jack got, that he reveals?
- What did Sloane learn?
- What is going to be the big cliff hanger to keep us waiting for next season.

As you can tell, I like this show.
It is the only show that I watch, once a week, with regularity and enjoy. It is on at the perfect time also. I get home from girl's brigade, put the kids to bed and then settle down to watch TV for an hour before slipping into the land of nod myself.
I enjoy the fight scenes, the many different disguises, secrets and the general show.
I don't care if anyone else doesn't like it, it is my one hour of week when I get to relax in front of the box with no distractions.

As a general rule I like fighting in shows, particularly when it has to do with martial arts. Despite the fact it has been 10 years since I last fought, I still enjoy the sport. One day I plan on getting back into it and introducing it properly to my girls. Maybe I will be able to get a few more trophies, if I am not too old to compete.

I also like dressing up, disguises. I guess I am just a big kid at heart and still like to dress up, trying different looks, like the time I dyed my hair blue and wore a 'little black dress'.

Well I think it is time to leave the fantasy world of bells and balls, dyes and dresses, fists and fantasy behind and get into some pick up and put away, linen and laundry, books and babies, water and windows (car windows).

Sleep Deprivation

It seems to be global, well I do know a few which are having sleepless nights, or sleep reduced nights.
Merc was up every 2 -3 hours last night. Not sure if she is teething (don't think this is the case though), going through a growth spurt (I hope not), has a sore throat due to her cold, isn't taking in enough because she is too tired or some other miscellaneous reason.
Angie had a lack of sleep with her girls.
I am sure Alice is experiencing some lack of sleep also since her twin boys are just newborn. (can't wait to see the pics)

Tuesday, June 22, 2004


4 Sleeps To Go & Counting!

My eldest turns 8 on Saturday and she is visibly getting excited about it. The fact that we picked up a pair of jodphurs today didn't help. This is one of those birthdays when it is almost impossible to hide all of her presents. Especially since she has to try them before we buy them. She doesn't know about the presents her sisters have picked up for her (well the two which can actually go shopping that is). I am the silly one that chose to encourage her to continue with horse riding. I have so far bought jodphurs, riding gloves, and am to purchase a club shirt and boots.
Hubby is sending her to a day of horse riding and horse care (my one day off every school holidays).
She is having a party. I am considering (doesn't mean I will) putting a horse head on her cake. No not a real one but a picture of one. Or I may just finish the half done sketch and give that to her to put up on her wall.
So far, we have had 2 replies to her party. Her party will be at night, the closest I am getting to a sleep over just yet. We will watch a Saddle Club DVD, have a few games (pin the tail on the pony, pass the parcel and bust the balloon). I think, regardless of the number of replies, I shall have my hands full.

Monday, June 21, 2004



Well not published yet but my permission has been sought for some photos I took. Last riding lesson, I took some photos of the head instructor riding and then forwarded them onto her. She has sought permission to use them on her new website.
I have offered to take more pictures, for the experience only. I love this new camera, it makes taking pictures so easy.

Side Note
I had the cutest baby asleep in my arms before. That was such a satisfying time.

Sunday, June 20, 2004


B.U.M. & Other Things

I am a B.U.M. - Big Ugly Monster
I can't remember how this got started but now it is a family joke that even the kids get involved in.

Mercedes is growing up so fast. She is sleeping longer, taking solids (once so far) and noticeably getting better hand eye co-ordination. It's not just fist to mouth anymore, she can even bat at her toys and has started to grab at me during feeds, though she is still working out the grabbing thing. She also has worked out how to suck on her thumb with her fingers/knuckles accompaning it.
She is so cute.

Saturday, June 19, 2004


Strange Urges

A strange urge overcame me today.
The baby woke up early, wanting her breakfast at 6am (sun was only just starting to rise at this point). At 6.30am when she went back to bed (still a dusky early morning grey) I had this urge to tidy up/clean the house before the kids woke up. I knew I would have no trouble getting it done before hubby woke up as he only got to bed at 3am.
I swept and mopped the tiled area, cleaned one of the glass sliding doors (it was sticky with kids finger prints)
Note: Miranda drew a heart on the door yesterday, with her sticky hands, or in the grime on there, for me. The door wasn't that bad as it gets cleaned regularly especially since the two year old uses it a lot.
I also tidied up the lounge and did a load of laundry, unpacked some new crockery so it can get washed before being used and made myself some breakfast.
As would be expected, the kids did wake up just as I started washing the floor, but fortunately they weren't hungry and I managed to get everything done before they wanted breakfast.
I think it is time for bed, I still have half a day to go.

Off to the billy kart races today, followed by shopping!

Friday, June 18, 2004


First Foods

Just 10 minutes ago, Mercedes tried her first food. Rice cereal that tasted like mummy. She kept giving me big grins so I am assuming she liked it. Though, the grins were after I had taken the spoon out of her mouth and she had tried to work out what this stuff was that mummy put in her mouth. I do not think she disliked it but enjoyed it.
Now she is finishing off the meal with a drink of milk.

Park Practices


Winter Has Arrived!

At 7.30am the temperature is 4 degrees Celsius but due to the humidity, it feels like 2 degrees Celsius.
Needless to say, we had the heater on all last night.

Thursday, June 17, 2004


Ta Da!

Today the magical fairy visited me, at 3am.
No, she did not do the house work for me (pity), but she dropped a nice little sum of money into our bank account. Thanks magical fairy.
After that she waved her magical wand causing me to get up early enough to have a shower before the children rose. Next I missed a phonecall on my mobile and when I rang back to see who and what and why, they had no idea but asked if I wanted a man, they had 20 to choose from. I had to say no as I already have one.
Running late, but with no timelines, I managed to get the kids out of the door at 9.45am. Off to pick up the late but arrived pair of riding gloves for the eldest and finally to preschool. Kids were reasonably well behaved at getting dropped off today.
Off to shopping and wow, I had some money to spend and only a pair of board shorts to wear. I quickly altered that by taking advantage of the end of financial year sales and purchased a pair of jeans, stretch jeans too, but not so tight they show the wrong bumps (?).
Groceries and I kept it under budget..yeeha!
Nummy but simple lunch, booked the venue for my mothers 50th birthday (not costing me a cent either), reconfirmed the early arrival of hubby (he is on tonight's plane instead of tomorrow night's plane). Wrote this and contemplated a mad rush about the house before the laptop gets dropped back home and we head out to the park to shoot birds...shoot photos of the birds.
A mum's life is never dull, just quiet when children sleep at 3am in the morning.

Wednesday, June 16, 2004


Bakin` Bread

Dough encrusted hands, sizzling mince and mounds of grated cheese.
That's right we are making pizza! Oh and of course we are making bread - cheese and garlic bread.
I laced the bread dough with oregano (hope the kids don't notice) and topped the pizza half with tomato sauce, sizzling beef and plenty of cheese (it is the day before shopping so we are a little low in topping varieties). The other half was plaited and topped with cheese.

My kids like cheese and we have plenty of it, so why not use it I say.

It was a little hard fitting the pizza and bread dough in a sink of hot water, to rise, so I bunged them in the oven and let it have a go at them. Of course they were covered with alfoil so as not to dry out and the oven was on a low low temp. I also thought cling wrap would melt if placed in the oven, so the reason I chose alfoil.

Well enough of my misplaced and miscellaneous ramblings.


We shall!

A Little Sidetracked.

I got a little sidetracked from what I had to do.

A gorgeous Mercedes

String and wire

Flower and weed

Frangapani and Camallia


You Stand On A Crack, You Marry A Rat!

Apart from Erin mooning her sisters, and Jade having two left feet, today has been a rather quiet day filled with lap top investigating, car CD exchange, multiple train trips, eating of worms (gummy worms), choc peanut butter cups, hardboiled eggs, and cancelled parent committee meetings.

I think for the other half of the day I shall entertain the kids with housework, craft, laundry, baby feeding and creative thoughts (I dunno what about yet but I guess I shall work that out later but probably something to do with material)

How was your day?

Monday, June 14, 2004


Horses & Hot Food

Today hubby put forward the idea of going to see the horse shows up at the local showgrounds. Hubby is not a horse man in the least possible way.
Close to lunch time, as is always the case, we headed off to the showgrounds in search of the fourlegged variety.

It was a good trip, I got to see the inside of the toilets, the inside of the car, the inside of a burger and many grubby faces. I did see horses, and plenty of them.
On the way home, Miranda even drew a picture of herself on a horse winning a trophy and ribbons.

It has been discussed at length and we will NOT be getting a horse until I am at least proficient in horse care and we have the time and money to look after one.
In the meantime we will send Miranda to camps which involves them in all that stuff deemed necessary.

Slice & Dice Junior

Erin (2, almost 3 years) was trying to use the cleaver today. Fortunately this is not one of those big heavy cleavers which you would first imagine, that would have taken her finger right off. Instead she used my small, light cleaver, to cut through a pear. I didn't know any of this until I heard the cries and Jadeen yelling that Erin was bleeding.
On her left hand, middle finger she had cut it, similar to when I cut mine (mine was the index finger though). Fortunately the bleeding was contained and it hasn't bled through the bandages we put on it.
Guess she really is mummy's girl, so much so that she has to do as I do! Let's just hope she doesn't take to beating up guy's for trophies, at least not just yet but possibly when she is older.

Saturday, June 12, 2004


Bush, Beef & Babies

We had another good day today.
It started off with a sleep in (till 8am but didn't get up till 9am), followed by cartoons and a relaxed start to the morning. After lunch we packed up and headed out to pick up a set of riding gloves (they weren't in but shall be in Tuesday), then shopping for hubby to return some defective shoes. With the money he got back from that he bought another pair of shoes and clothes for the three older girls.
After a short pit stop at the mothers room it was off to pick up my cousin Annette (9yrs old).
I don't know how Angie does it.
The older two have chatted non-stop since we picked up Annette.
We headed back off to the Boondal Wetlands to show hubby around and so he could induldge in picture taking. The kids had a blast and enjoyed the walk and chatted non-stop.
After this it was off to dinner to enjoy a nice unhome cooked meal.

Here is a gorgeous post card pic of my Mercedes.


Peach Butter Cake

2 cups Self Raising flour
6 tbsp softened butter
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 tin of peaches

Preheat oven to a moderate temperature.
Cream butter and sugar together. If the butter is still hard, melt it partially in the microwave or on the stove top (in a pot preferably)
Add eggs and beat well until combined.
Add vanilla and beat well.
alternately add milk and flour, mixing well after each addition.
Once mix is smooth, grease a 8inch cake tin and layer peaches and cake mix.
Bake for 50-55 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.

Use as many or as little peaches as you desire or change it for a different type of fruit. You can even puree the fruit and swirl it through the cake mix.

Are you sure it is winter?

Today is the 12th day of winter, but you wouldn't think so. Jade (5) and Erin (2) are busy outside playing in the cold dog's water. Erin is naked, but what is unusual about that. Jade is dressed but soaked in the cold water. The weather is still warm during the days but at nights it is starting to get a little chillier.

Friday, June 11, 2004


Boondall Wetlands

The kids and I headed off this early afternoon for a little bush walk. We visited the Boondall Wetlands.
We were greeted by the sounds of many and various types of bird life. Unfortunately I was unable to capture any on camera. We did see an osprey close up which was pretty good.
The kids all enjoyed the 2 km walk.
Here is a pic of the river, lined with mangroves.

Uh ok, that wasn't lined with mangroves but gum trees. The side we were on was.
Here is a purple flower that seemed to grow almost everywhere.


This works just when you are about to give up.

1 cup plain flour
1/2 cup cooking salt
1 cup water
1 tbsp bi-carb
1 tbsp cooking oil
food colouring or powder paint

In a saucepan, mix flour, water, salt and bi-carb.
Cook over a medium heat until thick and doughy.
Take off heat and allow to cool till it is able to be handled.
Add oil and kneed until incorporated.
Turn out onto a floured benchtop and kneed until smooth.
Cut into 6 pieces and add desired colour to each piece. Kneed until colour is dispersed throughout the dough.
Ready to play.

Note: Store made playdough in an airtight container in the fridge when not in use.

Thursday, June 10, 2004



I had a dream this morning. The people in it was a family I often read about, though, they did not look like them but their kids did. From the baby up to the 10 year old they looked just like they did in the photo except that they were wearing various shades of white, as were the parents.
Can you guess who it was?

Wednesday, June 09, 2004


I Am Not A Chew Toy!


Choc Caramel Dumplings

In a food processor add 150 grams of self raising flour and 25 grams of butter. Process until resembles breadcrumbs. Add 25 grams of white sugar and process, then gradually add 100 ml milk or until it resembles a soft, smooth dough. (Note: You may need more milk then this to make the dough smooth enough)

In a pot, bring 400 ml water, 25 grams butter and 1 cup of brown sugar to the boil. Turn temperature down so it simmers

Take a sixth of the dough mix and wrap around a small square of chocolate, then place dumpling in the simmering mix. Repeat this process until all mix is used up. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.

Serve by itself, with cream or with ice cream.

Tuesday, June 08, 2004


Remind You Of Someone?

My eldest had a super hero night at girls brigade and they all had to dress up as a super hero.
Miranda chose pigeon boy and so Jadeen and Erin had to copy and wanted masks also.

Here is some of the brigade dressed up in all their splendor


Two Little Words

There are two little words that drive me bonkers!
"I" and "want".
I went birthday shopping with the three younger girls, for Miranda's upcoming birthday, and Jadeen was constantly saying "I want". When I asked her what she wanted she could only give me a vague idea, though, when given possible suggestions she said no. In the end I said she was getting nothing because she kept saying "I want". The silence only lasted a few minutes.
Jadeen is not a shopper and gets frustrated at not being able to make a choice unless she went there with a specific item in mind.
I am similar to this and that is why I usually let hubby do the clothes shopping for me. I just try on with the odd suggestion thrown in. He doesn't seem to mind though as it does mean he gets me in clothes he likes and not something completely daggy.
I do not seem to have the same trouble when it comes to shopping for my girls though.

Sunday, June 06, 2004





Banksia Flower............................................Tarragon Flower

Happy Mercedes


I am guilty of acting like a child. I resisted doing something enjoyable for no particular reason.
Hubby had organized a bike ride with some friends today and I was not willing to participate. I guess I threw my own mini sulk. Yes I am guilty.
But we did end up going for the bike ride with friends and having fun while mum looked after the 4 kids for the 2 plus hours we were out. While we were out we stopped at a cafe/restaurant for hot chocolate and coffee.
Ivan and Sharolyn

Tim & I, plus kids

The hot chocolate

Saturday, June 05, 2004


"I'm boooooored!"

Today was a slow day, one that would have been a good day to sleep in. But as mums know, that is almost impossible when 4 little girls are wanting breakfast before their favourite Saturday cartoons come on. (Plus a daddy wanting them to clean out the car before he disappears for a LAN session)
The only breakfast I ended up getting was mine and the baby's (which is me). Once hubby was packed up and gone we tried to settle down into the day. I will admit to the day being hard and wishing a few times that I could just relax and not have to worry/deal with the kids. In other words, have a semi-day off.
Once the kids were declaring they were 'bored', I decided it was time to head out for a walk to spend their hard earned money (earnt by unpacking the car) and buy lunch across at the shop. They spent their money and I spent mine and then toddled off home to enjoy lunch.
Lunch had, I decided to induldge in a little photo taking (after watching a short documentary on a man who makes his living filming rare and endangered animals). Pics to come.
This outside activity brought out the kids, close at my heels to see what I was doing before they headed in separate directions to wherever their whim took them. Jadeen ended up painting with water on the bricks, Miranda made a pretend camp fire and Erin; well I do not know what she did except upset her sisters by trying to join in.
I headed in to put bubs down for a nap and again they followed, claiming they were bored and repeatedly asking when they could use the computer.
I feel like a magnet.
When I gave in to their whims, I put the Erin in the bath (with a bath bomb) and proceeded to catch up on a little laundry.
In order to quell the cries of boredom again it was mum to the rescue with a pedicure session. All 3 girls joined in that, eager to have their feet massaged, nails painted. I did manage to get my own feet massaged by Miranda, so that was good.
A bit of reading to Miranda and then on to blog, have me time while they played behind the couch. They are using it as a zoo for elephants.

Friday, June 04, 2004


Blogger Idol - Item 17 - Rhythm of Life - My Picks


Rental Inspection Saga

It has finished.
The saga is over for another 3 months
We passed and now this spotless home can well, I like it this clean, can stay sorta like this.
We had a cleaner in yesterday and that helped the stress levels immensley
Yah! Yah! Yah!
We Passed!

The Rhythm Of Life


So, what is the Rhythm Of My Life?

There are many different rhythms that surround me, 4 which stand out amongst the rest. It is these 4 rhythms that actually control the rhythm of mine.
Let me introduce these 4 unique and individual rhythms


She is the youngest of my rhythms. Being at the tender age of 4 months, her rhythm is constantly changing and growing. What she has revealed so far is a sweet rhythm, very giving and patient, blending in with what I try to think of as mine.


Almost 3 years and still an active toddler. She loves to be mischievous and have fun, always striving to be as big as her sisters. I haven't quite worked out her rhythm but I know she will find it soon, in the meantime I will try to enjoy her cuddles and funny little quirks.


She is 5, trying to go on 7. She is surprisingly like me as a child so I can look back and see what my rhythm was like and then I can look forward and hope what her rhythm might be like. Her rhythm is set at full speed, only resting when her eyes shut at night to allow sleep to catch up.


She is the oldest and strongest rhythm of those I call my children. Being almost 8 (22 days to go and counting) she has found her rhythm, but as we all know, that too will soon be disrupted and she will have to find it again. We hope that we can help her successfully towards her new rhythm in life as she goes through life. Her rhythm is currently predictable and stable.

Now for the reason behind those 4 rhythms.

My wonderful hubby.

Pictures taken using HP Photosmart 945

Thursday, June 03, 2004



Wow! What a lot was accomplished today!
I drove the car carefully, so much so that there was not a scrape, dint, stall, accident or anything wrong, and the kids all stayed still in their seats until the engine was turned off.
Childcare drop off was good, Erin even decided to stand by the teacher instead of being held by her. They attended a 'Didge For Kids' show while there. They were happy cherubs when I picked them up also.
Groceries was kept under budget!!!!!
House is still clean and the kids are mostly in bed! WOW!
Think I pulled enough weeds, we shall see tomorrow.
Met the new house cleaner, she seems nice, very opiniated but nice and friendly. She is raising her twin granddaughters (are now 11yrs). She has raised them since birth.
The windows were washed without casualities.
No one hurt themselves majorly.
One sleep until hubby is home.
Mercedes is sleeping soundly, she went down early after a long and restless day.
Lots of other good things happened, like :
The house stayed put.
There was no earthquake.
It didn't rain cats or dogs. (that would really put a hole in the roof)
I stayed in budget! (this is an amazing feat, just ask hubby)
Schooling was complete with minimum fuss.
The list could go on and on and on and get the picture.

Anyhow, here is a picture of my sis from our seaworld trip.

Some penguins.

A sleepy Mercedes.

Photos taken using Canon Mini DV MV6i


Is it really winter already?
You wouldn't think so.
Today we achieved a high of 25 Celsius which is t-shirt and shorts weather, definitely not jumpers and tracksuits.
This warm weather has lasted 2 days so far, but then the first day of winter wasn't really winter either. I do know, from the past, that it will get colder and winter will move into spring, but it will not (maybe) get cold enough for a frost.
Maybe I should send the kids into the yard tomorrow to look for winter. Should keep them pre-occupied for a few minutes.


It is supposed to be winter here. You wouldn't think so though. The weather has been so warm that I have been able to wear shorts and t-shirt two days in a row, with nights being cool but not cold enough to warrent dressing gown and slippers.


Thanks to Angie for her concern over me not being well. I am over the worst of it now, as well as being over the cleaning.

Tomorrow is the day..will keep you informed.

Wednesday, June 02, 2004


Milk Snorting

Mercedes was funny this morning.
She must have hiccuped so hard that she snorted milk. When I looked at her face she had two little trails of milk running out of her nose.


Tuesday was an interesting day.
I can't remember the exact order of how things happened but here are a few tidbits.

Erin (2yrs) decided to feed the dog treats to the goldfish, unfortunately the goldfish didn't show any interest in these treats but mum did and mum then had to 'fish' them out.
Note: Mum did find more dog treats in the convicts tank, after it had changed from transparent to opaque

While Miranda was at Girl's brigade, Jadeen, Erin, Mercedes and I headed off to the local library. Mercedes (4months) found her sisters so funny that she burst into a fit of laughter, the longest and unprovoked laughter I had heard from her. It was a moment to remember.

Other then the start of a cold hampering my day, I had a rather productive day, especially when it came to blowing my nose, every few minutes.

Clean Up!

We started our re-inspection cleanup the other day.
So far we have completed -
Courtyard and pond
Telephone cabinet
Under and on my desk
Miranda's desk
Folded most of the clothes

The patio is a big job as it is the size of a small house (my mum's house is smaller then it)
This arvo we will tackle the rest of the clothes and the gardens, hacking again at the badly placed fig tree (It is under a shade clothed part of the patio, near the house)

Right now I take a break to blog, feed bubs and do the work I was supposed to do yesterday.